Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It’s Autumn Time

I love this time of year! Everything from cool nights & mornings, colorful changing scenery, bounteous harvests, bright orange pumpkins & savory dishes baking are just a few of my favorites.

I am thankful to finally be able to bake whatever I want without overheating the entire house. Usually on Sundays when I make dinner rolls I save a little dough to make cinnamon rolls. They are one of my favorite treats & they smell so good. I shared a few with Angie’s family & I guess Christian scolded her. He declared: “Mom, don’t ever bring cinnamon rolls home from grandmas again! Dad is going to get too fat to play sports with me!”

I think of fall as the heralding of the holidays & spending more time with family. Fall is definitely my favorite season. What is yours? Why?

4 comments:

Regi said...

Aunt Deb, I love your blog! I am so happy to read each post. It is so fun I had to call Velma and read it to her. Someday she will get the internet. I would have to say summer is my favorite season. I just like to play all day!

Shell Bell said...

My favorite season has to be Spring. (Unless it is one like this year where winter never seemed to end.) Spring is such a relief after a long winter.

Angie said...

I'm so glad you wrote that down. It really was hilarious and don't forget he had to pray for it too that night. so cute. I'm going to say my favorite season is summer. I'm with Regi I love to play.

Debbie said...

Regi, Thanks for reading my blog to your mom. She mentioned to me the other day that you had & it made me feel good. :)