Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Man

I just decided today that since my family is what brings me the most JOY in this life I shall blog about them. I will be starting of course with my sweetheart, of 38 years. (We have only been married 37 years but we were sweethearts a year before marrying.)

Let me list a few of the qualities I like about this man of mine. First, I love that he has a strong testimony of the gospel, that he has a love for family & that he adores me in his own curious way. His bald little head, his twinkling eyes & his broad shoulders are all very endearing to me.

Did I mention that I am quite sure that he is the best athlete on the planet? Let me tell you he can sink a corner baseline shot in basketball every time, he can place a softball anywhere on the field but usually chooses his trademark first baseline . Did you know that his reactions are so quick that when he was a teenager riding a horse in the Fiesta Days Parade in Farmington that he got off his horse & caught his youngest brother age 3 or 4 at the time, who was falling off his own horse & headed to the ground.

My man is a very hard worker usually working ten to seventeen hours daily during softball season. He serves diligently in any church calling he has, he is one of the most devoted ward choir members I know. He is gentle & loving. I have found this tender side just within the last few years as he has a dear friend whose health is failing. He pays weekly visits to & lovingly serves this friend.

I appreciate that my sweetheart doesn’t condemn people? He understands that we all have our own issues we need to work on.

I have joked that when the remote is missing he gets a little berserk but when there is a real problem he is as calm as can be. When he gets angry, he blows, and then it is done. He does not hold a grudge or ever bring up past stuff.

I love how he looks when he sees his grandchildren running to him shouting grandpa & I can’t think of anyone I would rather grow old with. I adore him.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Michelle, don't be mad I'm the first to post again! I loved your post Aunt Deb...it made me cry..I've been super sensitive lately! What a special tribute to him, he is a super great guy..who makes my Aunt Deb happy! You did fail to mention that mean look..when he's trying to scare you..I personally haven't seen it lately..but it is engraved in my mind from my childhood!!!

Debbie said...

He still has "the look" but somewhere along the line it has just lost it's menace.

Becky A said...

That was great to read! i hope you are going to have your blog made into a book sometime. I would love for my children to be able to read that stuff!

Shell Bell said...

Thank you mom. That was so sweet and fun to read. I am glad you have your own blog. It looks to be a great personal history for us to enjoy.

Debbie said...

Thanks for the comments girls. It is fun to get them.