Thursday, May 21, 2009

Marvelous Mother’s Day

My first Mother’s Day greeting was from my little brother and in the text he said “Your Brandon is a true HERO”. Intrigued I asked him to tell me more. Roger told me that Brandon had spent Saturday evening from 8:30 until midnight extracting water from the home of a little old lady in Roger’s neighborhood. Then Rog added that Brandon seemed happy to do it. I don’t think that I could have asked for a better beginning to my Mother’s Day. Every mom loves to hear about their children’s kindness.

Next I spent a fair amount of time in the kitchen just making some of my favorites. Angie had invited us to her home for dinner and had only asked me to bring rolls and dessert. Lately I have had this obsession with berry lettuce salad so I made that and I was craving Jill’s spaghetti salad so I made that too. Dennis teased me about bringing the dinner when we were invited to Angie’s but I only made what I wanted to so I felt like I was just spoiling myself for Mother’s Day. Kurt grilled yummy teriyaki chicken & Angie’s corn and bean salad was delicious! Great yummy meal! I believe my Tueller genes are true to form in me. I love to create, eat and even read & write about good food.

Hearing from each of my children was the best. I missed Ty’s call from Argentina but I told him I actually think it was better for me that I got his voice on voicemail. I miss my baby boy. Adam was the first of my sons I spoke with & he told me that Camden had something he wanted to tell me. I assumed he had done well at his T-ball game and was expecting to hear about a great hit or play. I was so surprised when he informed me that his mommy was going to have a baby. Literally not ten minutes later I got a call from Travis and as the call was winding done he said “Well mom I have some news”. For a moment I was worried that maybe his job had been dissolved. Then he told me that Heather is expecting! I am not sure if it was the surprise of the announcements, the timing or the sentimentality of the day but I was overcome with gratitude. Two more beautiful grandbabies, joy!

Brandon’s call was the last of my day and he reminded me of when he was in high school and playing soccer that I would make chocolate chip cookies for the team and take them up to his locker at school. What a fun memory for him to share. It made me feel loved that he would remember that.

Last but not least in church instead of giving us a flower they gave us Sees chocolates. I ate chocolate in Sunday school – Marvelous Mother’s Day? I think so!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That was a Marvelous Mother's day..See's in Sunday School no way...
Congrats on the new babies! I love that you made all that yummy food for your party!!

Regi said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you had such a great Mother's Day. Can I come to your ward next year?