Monday, June 29, 2009

Thirteenager


Abby Arnell turned 13 years old on June 1, 2009. What a beautiful young lady. I thought that turning 12 made you a teenager but she told me "duh, is twelve a teen".
I have always had a soft spot in my heart for my firstborn grandchild. I love that Abby is the one who taught me how to be a grandma, something she is still helping me to try and get right.
To say that Abby is talented may be an understatement. She is beautiful, brilliant and has just the right amount of sass. Earlier this month as I attended her dance recital I was overcome with her stage presence and her talent as a dancer. Marci commented that she looked like she was having a really good time dancing. Whether it is tackling homework, helping a sibling, hiking a mountain, running a race, riding a steer or performing a dance, piano or violin piece Abby seems to know how to have a good time.
One of my favorite sayings is to “find joy in the journey”. I think that Abby is an example of this. Thank you Abby for reminding how fun life should be!

Love you,
Gramnell

1 comment: