Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween meme ...

One of my favorite blogs that I read daily is Sentiments by Sophia at: http://sophiacorbridge.typepad.com/sentimentsbysophia/

Sophia hosts many parties but one of them that I enjoy reading about the most is her husband's sibling family dinners. For each of these dinners Sophia creates table talk questions. As one of her blog entries she answered the October table talk questions as a meme. I thought I would do the same. So here goes:

What keeps your awake in the middle of the night?  Not being able to sleep. Duh

What would people be "surprised" to know about you? I am very intimidated by rich people. I think I have some notion that they are better than me.  

What creepy thing scares you the most…mice, spiders, bats or something else? Mice with bats at a close second. Bats really are mice with wings. Yuk!

What was your favorite Halloween costume ever? I was either a gypsy, a hobo, a ghost or a pirate every year. We never bought a costume or made one we just used whatever we had in the house. Canning jar rings were used as earrings for a pirate or a gypsy.

What’s your favorite fall food?  Pumpkin roll with cream cheese frosting but I don't make it very often because I tend to eat the whole thing.

Were you a candy hoarder or do you eat it all up on Halloween night? To this day I can't hoard candy. If it is in the house it is in my tummy within minutes. What can I say, I love candy.

How old you do you think is too old for Trick or Treating? When they are bigger than me.

What scents remind you of fall? Cinnamon. I love the cinnamon pine cones.

Do you have any phobias?  I really hate mice. I am afraid of heights & probably my biggest fear is of water.

On your worst day, are you more of a witch, a vampire, a ghost?  A ghost.

If you could have a bottomless bucket of Halloween Treats, what are three things you’d have in it?  I have given this a lot of thought and I am still concerned about getting it right. First if it could be anything in the bottomless bucket of Halloween treats it would be popcorn, Diet Coke with Lime & Sees butterscotch squares. If it only could be what is truly handed out on Halloween night then it would be Dots, Jr. Mints and Snickers with Almonds formerly know as Mars bars. I answered this differently at our family party but after much thought this is my final answer.

What’s your favorite “scary” movie?  Probably “What Lies Beneath”. I am not a fan of scary movies.

Pick a costume and tell us why: Scarlett O’Hara, Dolly Parton, Amelia Earhart or a Witch Probably a witch. It just seems the most Halloween-ish.

If you could “wiggle your nose” and have an instant “material” wish, what would it be?  New flooring throughout my house.
 
What’s your favorite thing about Halloween? Your least?  I love that Halloween heralds in fall. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I dislike that Halloween involves so much sugar.
 
If you could cast a spell to change one thing about you, what would it be?  The person who I copied this meme from was very inspiring in what she wanted to change about herself. She wanted to be able to be more productive with her time. Not me. It is all about the physical here. I just want to have a flat stomach & I wouldn't mind having some of the wrinkles disappear.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

It's so fun to get to know more about my sweet sister! I love her soooo much!!!!!! I miss you sis!